Farm Bureau: Canada Must Abide by USMCA Dairy Commitments
USAgNet - 02/03/2023
American Farm Bureau Federation President Zippy Duvall commented on the latest U.S. Trade Representative investigation into Canadian dairy imports.
"We're pleased USTR continues to put pressure on Canada to live up to its commitments under the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement. America's hardworking dairy farmers deserve the opportunity to sell their products to Canada, but they have run into persistent roadblocks.
"We appreciate Trade Representative Tai for her work to enforce the tariff-quota provisions of the trade agreement. We value Canada as a trading partner, but its leaders must honor the agreement to ensure Canada's families have choices at the supermarket, and America's farm families have fair access to markets."
Other National & World Ag News Headlines
- Ag, Food Industries Contribute $8.6 Trillion to U.S. Economy
- Senators Reintroduce Next Generation Fuels Act
- World Ag Expo Seminars Available on Demand
- World Dairy Expo Announces Global Dairy Leaders to be Honored
- Syngenta Reports Higher Sales, Net Earnings
- Brighter Future Ahead for American Farms as Bankruptcy Rates Decline in 2022
- Hay Quality Matters: Understanding the Impact of Poor-Quality Hay on Livestock Health