April Milk Production up 0.5 Percent
USAgNet - 05/22/2023
Milk production in the 24 major States during April totaled 18.4 billion pounds, up 0.5 percent from April 2022. March revised production, at 19.0 billion pounds, was up 0.7 percent from March 2022. The March revision represented an increase of 16 million
pounds or 0.1 percent from last month's preliminary production estimate.
Production per cow in the 24 major States averaged 2,055 pounds for April, 2 pounds above April 2022.
The number of milk cows on farms in the 24 major States was 8.94 million head, 36,000 head more than April 2022, but 15,000 head less than March 2023.
Other National & World Ag News Headlines
- Drought Monitor: IL Dry Weather Causes Soil Crusting
- 'Granary of China' Braces For More Wheat-Damaging Rain
- Ukraine Wants to Make Danube Canal Deeper
- USDA Reports Steer Prices Hit Record Higher in April
- CoBank: Higher Grain Storage Costs to Force Elevators to Lower Bids
- Michigan Milk, Canadian Dairy Distillery to Work on Joint Project
- Hired Farm Workers Earned Higher Wages in April