Deere Reports Higher Sales, Net Income for 1Q
USAgNet - 05/22/2023
Deere & Company reported net income of $2.860 billion for the second quarter ended April 30, 2023, or $9.65 per share, compared with net income of $2.098 billion, or $6.81 per share, for the quarter ended May 1, 2022.
For the first six months of the year, net income attributable to Deere & Company was $4.819 billion, or $16.18 per share, compared with $3.001 billion, or $9.72 per share, for the same period last year.
Worldwide net sales and revenues increased 30 percent, to $17.387 billion, for the second quarter of 2023 and rose 31 percent, to $30.038 billion, for six months. Net sales were $16.079 billion for the quarter and $27.481 billion for six months, compared with $12.034 billion and $20.565 billion last year.
Other National & World Ag News Headlines
- Drought Monitor: IL Dry Weather Causes Soil Crusting
- 'Granary of China' Braces For More Wheat-Damaging Rain
- Ukraine Wants to Make Danube Canal Deeper
- USDA Reports Steer Prices Hit Record Higher in April
- CoBank: Higher Grain Storage Costs to Force Elevators to Lower Bids
- Michigan Milk, Canadian Dairy Distillery to Work on Joint Project
- Hired Farm Workers Earned Higher Wages in April