McDonald's to Expand its Beyond Meat Burgers to 600 Additional Locations
USAgNet - 01/21/2022
McDonald's Corp said on Thursday it will expand its U.S. test of a plant-based burger it created with vegan meat maker Beyond Meat Inc to about 600 locations next month.
Reuters reports that the restaurants - in San Francisco, California and Dallas-Forth Worth, Texas - will sell the so-called "McPlant" burger starting Feb. 14 for as long as supplies last in order to "help us understand customer demand," the Chicago-based chain said in a post on its website.
Shares of Beyond Meat, which makes the McPlant patty from peas, rice and potatoes, were up more than 5% at midday.
McDonald's initially tested the burger in eight U.S. locations in November.
In December, two Wall Street analysts forecast a major U.S. expansion of the McPlant.
- NCBA Blasts Overreaching, Political Special Investigator Bill
- Iowa Becomes First State to Require More Ethanol in Gasoline
- U.S. Milk Production Falls 1.0 Percent in April
- ADM Named to 100 Best Corporate Citizens List
- Farmland Partners Acquires Illinois Farm for $20,689 per Acre
- USDA to Provide $6 Billion to Those Impacted by Natural Disasters
- Drought Severely Affecting California Rice Crops